Urban Synergies Group is hosting the first “Ideas Hatchery” event in Canberra, Australia.
Under the theme „Right to the city“ interested and passionate individuals are invited to take part in a exploration to better understand our collective understanding of the topic. Participants will discuss challenges and opportunities with like minded individuals in a relaxed after work atmosphere.
Urban Synergies Group will harness the thoughts and develop a bottom up approach on the issue that can inform the Habitat III and related debates.
When 2nd June 2016 from 5.30 pm onwards
Where Parlour Wine Room, 16 Kendell Lane in New Acton, Canberra, Australia
Material and nibbles will be provided.
What is an “Ideas Hatchery”*?
The concept was developed by Gregor Mews, as an instrument to harvest and to improve the collective common understanding of an nominated subject in a informal and relaxed environment. It is not a mechanism to articulate a formed opinion, rather than listening and harvesting other peoples thoughts on a nominated subject. By collecting thoughts of participants the ideas will be naturally validated throughout the event. The more thoughts a participant collects his or hers understanding will improve.
- It is not about your own idea – it’s about our common understanding on a nominated subject.
- Participants will be asked to write down their initial ideas of the subject on a piece of paper.
- Ideas written on paper will be collected in a boy by the moderator.
- Now all participants will be invited to collect as many ideas from other participants as possible. Each collected idea should be written and numbered. Given that the atmosphere is relaxed, discussion should be possible this may take up to a hour.
- When finishing the collection and the participant had an opportunity to speak to as many people as possible. Each participant hands the collection of ideas over to the moderator.
- The moderator notes the amount of ideas from each participant. The person with the highest amount of ideas collected will receive an award at the end.
- The collection of ideas will be read out by the moderator and the top three voted upon by the participants.
Group size: 5 – 50 participants
Time: pending on size of the group (up to two hours)
Material required: paper, pens, box, award, snacks, drinks
- cc by Gregor H Mews, Urban Synergies Group